My favourite type of cookie is one that is deliciously chewy inside and the chickpeas give these cookies the perfect chewy centre. This recipe could not be easier and takes just 2 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes in the oven, what's more you can add any fillings you like making it so versatile. It's packed with healthy fats and protein which will keep you fuller for longer and help ward off those mid afternoon cravings! If you like this, head over to my website justjosi.com or Instagram @justjosihealth for more healthy feasts and treats.
Ingredients (makes 12 cookies):
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 40g liquid sweetener of choice (date nectar, maple syrup, agave)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 35g vanilla protein of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Â½ tsp baking powder
- Dash of almond milk (if required)
- Handful of cacao nibs/chopped dark chocolate or any other filling of choice
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- Put all ingredients other than the milk and cacao nibs into a blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds until everything is well combined, you may want to add a little bit of milk half way through here to help everything mix together
- Add any fillings you want a mix with a spoon until the cacao nibs are well distributed
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and split the mixture into 12 even cookies, flattening them down with the back of a spoon. It's quite a wet mixture but don't worry!
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown on top then leave to cool and serve!