I LOVE cherry bakewells; they remind me of spending the summer and eating lots of my cake with my Gran! On that note, I just had to make a healthier alternative!
Preparation time 1 hour
Cooking time None!
- 130g of dried dates,
- 100g of oats,
- 70g of raw honey (or sweetener of choice),
- 40g of chia seeds,
- 100g of fresh cherries,
- 100g of maple syrup (you could also use more honey),
- Almond extract,
- 50g each of almond and coconut flour.
- Using Clingfilm, line 12 holes in a muffin tray!
- Start by making your chia jam; simply mix together the cherries and 20g of the sweetener and then pop in the microwave for 1 minute. Now mash the cherries with a fork before mixing in the chia seeds. Leave this mix to gel whilst you do the other stages.
- Now make the base; in your blender, pop in the dates, oats and 50g of the sweetener and blend until well combined.
- Using a teaspoon, put a generous teaspoon in each of the 12 muffin holes before levelling them out. Pop the tray in the fridge.
- Now, to make the frangipane layer, in a mixing bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, 100g of syrup and the almond extract. Do this until it is almost dough like in texture; you may need to add some water.
- Take your bases out of the fridge, spread over the frangipane and then flatten it out. Get your chia jam and spread a layer of this over the top!
- Store in the fridge!
Hannah Potter. Hannah is a Blogger, Teacher, Taste-maker and Fitness enthusiast. You can see more of Hannah's amazing recipes on her blog, Instagram and twitter.
Follow her at @_hannaheats on Twitter and Instagram and https://hannah-eats.com/