5. What does a typical day in your diet look like?
Poached eggs on rye toast with avocado, tomato and spinach
Turkey and salad wrap – with delicious vegetables that are in season!
Fresh fruit – I love mangoes
Green chicken vegetable curry with basmati rice. Or if I’m cooking for Tobi and I, Avgolemono is my favourite! It’s a fluffy, Greek chicken and rice soup.
I’m an advocate for a wholesome diet incorporating foods from all 5 food groups as shown in my Nutrition HELP Guide. Eating many different foods from all these food groups, with the occasional treat, helps maintain a healthy, well-balanced and interesting diet that provides my body with the fuel and nutrients that it needs.
6. I am an advocate for balance and allowing yourself some flexibility in your diet (aka chocolate!). What is your favourite foodie treat?
I have a weak spot for Tiramisu, which is a Greek coffee-flavoured dessert. I am however, lactose sensitive and as this has dairy in it, it means that I can only have it once every so often… but this is probably a good thing 😉
7. Everyone else seems to hate burpees, but I personally love them! What is your ultimate favourite exercise move?
I love ab workouts! Whether it’s training my clients or doing a workout at home, abs are my favourite! Box jumps are also a great challenge as you can aim to jump higher and higher. It’s a great form of motivation when you can see your own personal progress.
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of health/fitness advice what would it be?
Start now and be consistent. Before I began training regularly, I was like most girls who would “yo-yo” between working out regularly and then doing nothing at all. The best thing for me was starting a regular exercise routine which I enjoyed. Consistency really is key.
9. You’re smashing life right now! What are your future plans?
Thank you so much! The last 12 months have been such an incredible journey. I have to pinch myself when I think about my very first world tour! It was truly amazing and something I will never forget. I have so many exciting announcements coming up soon. I’ll give you some hints – new products and translations! You’ll have to stay tuned for more details 🙂
Check Kayla out online:
Website/ Instagram / Twitter / Facebook