I spent a whirlwind 3 days in Miami, a city which well and truly exceeded my expectations. It has a bustling art scene, great fitness classes and even better food spots. Despite only passing through, we still managed to tick off a fair few healthy restaurants. Here are our favourites:
Our favourite food in Miami! This vegetarian and vegan restaurant serve up incredible dishes ranging from Mexican to Japanese. They are known for their dinner but also offer weekend brunch. Don’t miss the vegan sushi, the eggplant sliders and the mac’n’cheese. You’ll be rolling home!
A “clean eating” restaurant in the city centre which serves up (responsibly sourced) meat but has extensive vegetarian and vegan options. I was a huge fan of their chickpea, lentil and cauliflower salad; and would love to return to try the matcha pancakes and vegan banana bread!
Under The Mango Tree
Located right next to Orange Theory fitness, this is the perfect spot for a post-workout refuel. They served up quite simple the best acai bowl I have ever had: the cacao bowl with added vegan protein and extra granola. The dream.
I went here on recommendation of a local, who said I couldn’t miss their Brazil Nut Crumble. Damn, they were right. I also loved their banana almond butter protein shake – which was basically liquid almond butter. Heavy, but insanely good.
This busy cafe is packed full of locals, which is a reflection of the delicious food they serve up. It’s the perfect spot for a quick breakfast or lunch and has a huge selection of salads, acai bowls, wraps and smoothies. Be warned, it ain’t cheap but you get the quality you pay for!
A gourmet vegan restaurant which you need to book in advance if you go in the evening. Their food was pretty damn good, but be warned that the portions are small. Order generously; we loved the sushi rolls and the jackfruit “pulled pork”.
The best coffee in town. It is served up in a few different spots across Miami, but we loved the actual Panther Coffee cafe right next to Barry’s Bootcamp, perfect for a pre-workout caffeine fix. They allow you to choose the specific coffee blend and origin which you want, great if you’re a knowledgable coffee-addict, and their macadamia nut milk tastes insanely creamy.
Until next time:
Sadly we wouldn’t visit every single restaurant we wanted to during out short trip. These were the others we wanted to try:
- Della bowls. A highly recommended lunch spot serving up customisable healthy bowls.
- Sweat records. A cafe which brews Panther coffee and sells an extensive range of vegan treats, all in a retro setting.
- Glam vegan & Plant Food and Wine. High class vegan restaurants, for when you’re feeling posh.
- Atlas Meat Free Deli. Proper vegan junk food, for when you’re not feeling posh.
- Roots Juice Bar. For super healthy snacks, bowls and juices.
Three Things You Can’t Miss:
If you’re only in Miami for a couple of days as we were, here are the top three things you can’t miss:
- Wynwood Art District. This quirky district puts Shoreditch to shame, and the incredible street art is thought-provoking instagram gold.
- The Beach. Miami is right on the seafront and blessed with beautiful weather year round, so don’t miss the famous Ocean Drive and South Beach.
- The Art Scene. I went during art week, so was able to visit Art Basel – one of the biggest art fairs in the world. Even if it isn’t art week, the city is dotted with hundreds of galleries and the huge Perez modern art museum.