These muffins may be full of autumnal flavours, but you can enjoy them any time of the year guilt-free!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- Â½ cup coconut sugar
- Â½ cup melted coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking power
- 1 small apple chopped very finely
- 2 tbsp apple pie spice mix (or you can make your own mix of cinnamon and nutmeg)
- Â¼ cup milk (I recommend unsweetened almond milk)
Preheat the oven to 180c/350f. Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Pour the mixture into muffin cases and bake for around 15-20 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean. These last 4-5 days in an airtight container.
For the frosting:
In a small bowl combine 2/3 cup vanilla casein protein powder and 2/3 cup greek yoghurt. Then slowly add in 2-4 tbsp of milk (I recommend unsweetened almond milk) until you reached your desired frosting consistency. Once the muffins have completely cooled (be patient!), you can pop the frosting on with a spoon… or if you’re feeling fancy you can use a piping bag and nozzle!